Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Experiments with Water and Nails

Good evening!
I just got home from practice and finished watching Pretty Little Liars so I decided it's a good time to write my first actual blog post that's not an introduction.

After practice last night I went out with some teammates to this realllllllly delicious hot dog/burger joint that had all these old-fashioned bottled sodas and amazing sliders and fries.  Since I've started controlling my diet, I had eaten healthily all day but being in the water just makes you so frickin hungry so I ended up getting a slider and fries and this really cool boxed water.  I think I've seen it before on tumblr, so you might have also, but here are some pics.



It was nothing special, just normal tasting water, but it made me feel all special and happy inside.....

Today was fairly productive as I went to work for the full 5 hours that I am supposed to work for (with no breaks! weird I know) and then I came home, watched America's Got Talent while painting my nails and ate an apple and drank some more water.

The nail polish I used was this $1 bright neon green-yellow color I got at the clearance bin in the beauty department at Target.  I wish I could say it was a successful manicure, but actually it was a disaster.  It turned out to be a "Nail Art" bottle of nail polish so the brush was super thin for decorating nails, not doing full coats.  Therefore the coats I did turned out super streaky.  I attempted to make up for this by doing three coats, but that only resulted in a super thick goopy mess that did not fully fry before I went to practice and is now kind of dented and lumpy and weird and gross.  At least it will probably come off naturally in a few days; usually one of the downsides of playing a water sport.

The nail file I used is also from the clearance bin at Target.  I think I got it for $1 as well. 

eh
 Well now I'm getting pretty tired but I'll live ya'll with a blast from the past:


Hannah Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment